Owning a small business requires a big investment – of your time, money and expertise – so it only makes sense that you’d want to protect it.
Whether your concern is protecting your assets against damage, ensuring you can pay the bills should you become ill or making sure your laptop can be replaced if it’s stolen, the most effective way to safeguard your interests is to have the right Business Insurance Policy.
But what is the right Business Insurance Policy for you?
To determine which types of Business Insurance you need, there are many factors to be taken into account, such as:
Business structure – are you a sole trader or do you have employees?
Location – do you operate from home, a business premises or on-site?
Contingency plan – could your business continue to operate if you were injured in an accident?
Transit – do you carry tools or commercial goods in your vehicle?
At Professional Insurance Brokers, we arrange policies for all kinds of small businesses, from the local fish ’n’ chip shop to plumbing contractors and everything in between. Our experience and industry knowledge can help you find the right insurance policy for your needs.
Some of the covers available to small businesses include:
- Asset Protection – covers your business premises, contents, equipment, stock and vehicles against fire, flood, theft and other listed events.
- Public Liability – protects you and your business against monetary claims if you or your employees are found liable for unintentional damage to property or the death or injury of a third party.
- Product Liability – covers legal action arising from death, injury or damage caused by a product that your business sells or manufactures. If you’re an exporter, you may need to look into this insurance for overseas markets as well.
- Business Interruption – protects you against loss of revenue from events such as a fire, flood, earthquake or damage to your computer systems.
- Transit – provides cover for goods whilst they are being transported by you.
- Professional Indemnity – gives you protection against claims or legal costs arising from professional advice you’ve provided.
- Workers’ Compensation – a compulsory insurance if you employ staff, this insurance protects you and your workers from financial hardship in the event of a workplace injury.
There are many more insurance covers available for small businesses and our Business Broking team is happy to discuss them with you. For a small business insurance quote that’s right for you, contact us today on 1300 PROFIN (1300 776 346)
Being in business is risky. We can help you minimise the risk with the right insurance cover.